Connect with us

Ninjai: The Little Ninja – The Obscure Flash Anime We Miss And Want More Of

Anime

Ninjai: The Little Ninja – The Obscure Flash Anime We Miss And Want More Of

This wonderful flash made anime was created in the early 2000s, and was only available on Atomfilms.com. To say the creators left us hanging is an understatement. However, this is not an attack on the creators, The Ninjai Gang, far from. In fact, understanding that small-scale, grassroots animation projects take triple the time and effort as projects with million dollar budgets, the ambition to create a film to continue the story of this beloved little ninja is an undertaking that is to be admired and celebrated. Look at how long it took us to get Incredibles 2, on a Disney/Pixar budget.

Ninjai took us on a journey of a little ninja boy figuring out who he is and why he has the immeasurable abilities he has. In the 15 or so episodes that graced our computer screens in the early 2000s, none of them gave us much of a clue as to who he might be. We did, however, discover that he has a strong moral compass and incredible ninja skills as he ventured through forest terrain. He often fearlessly looks trouble in the face – even though we hardly see his actual face – and swiftly takes care of any threat. That delightful feeling of watching the most underestimated character in your favorite anime, completely eviscerate an opponent, was commonly shared while watching this little boy fight. It was almost unfair, albeit that his abilities were grossly taken for granted based on his stature.

Anticipation grew with each episode as it was released. Of course, what’s a main character without a fluffy sidekick? The Little Ninja made friends with Little Bird just as the series ended. In 2015, 15 or so episodes were removed from the internet entirely, and even the most tech savvy of us all didn’t screen record any of them. Imagine wanting to relive your childhood or teenage years but all episodes have gone without a trace, with promises of a movie sometime in the future. Imagine wanting to impress your friends with your knowledge of an obscure anime that you know they’ll love, only to find out the link to watch the episodes is no longer anywhere. The episodes have been replaced with a website.

How does it even end?! How could the creators promise us a movie since 2015, without letting us rewatch the episodes that made us fall in love in the first place? Ninjai.com is now one of the only places that prove its existence. Those of us who have seen the episodes are proud to have had that privilege. As such, we would love it if this story could be shared with the world right away. According to the most recent update in 2015, the feature film was in post production, and fans have been patiently waiting ever since.

The Little Ninja has met his fair share of blundering fools and formidable opponents, but the sneak peek of the feature film makes it look like he’ll have his little ninja hands full this go round. Let’s hope fans and fans to be, don’t have much longer to wait. This original story will tear at your heartstrings and keep you at the edge of your seat.

Click on the red button below this article that says “Click to Comment” to let us know if you remember and loved Ninjai as well.

Sources: Ninjai.com; @ninjaigang on Instagram and YouTube

Article by: Lorisse Alicia Ortiz-Bentiné

6 Comments

6 Comments

1. dt

December 11, 2018 at 8:13 am

You can rewatch all the episodes here!

I am probably going to get in trouble for this, but I did capture them a long time ago. In my 30s now and thought about it and saw people were looking for it and then I posted a link on reddit to them. Seems they are being spread again. Hopefully the creators don’t come after me for this, but instead inspires them to finish this project. But until then we should do our parts and spread this amazing animation across the internet again.

2. Odi

December 27, 2018 at 5:27 am

The first time I heard about Ninjai was in 2009. I was looking for animation work and a friend of mine told me about this studio hiring animators for an animated feature film. To make my short story even shorter, I applied, accepted and did some animations for this cool movie. After a few months of being part of the animation crew, I have to leave the studio for some compelling reasons but tried to get in touch with the studio owner. For some reason. I lost contact and never heard from them again. I am still hoping and waiting for this movie to be released. Every time I see a short scene that I animated in the sneak peak, I feel a bit proud being part (even in a small way) of this amazing animated movie.

3. Kai Chinn

January 30, 2019 at 4:42 am

I started watching from the first episode when it came out and was hooked, waiting chewing my nails for the next episode to be released.

Now it seems that the movie has been put at a stand still with no updates for over 3 years now….
    But wait, there’s more! 😀

I found a site that still has all 12 episodes and now, before it gets lost forever, go there now and take a look as i can confirm they are all for real and i have played them all and screen captured them all just in case but now….

For your enjoyment, here is the link~

4. Ocelotr

February 20, 2019 at 3:15 pm

I recorded it all via DV camera from monitor. I dont have a clue how to record
    online/flash videos back then (2004 or so). So i use a camcorder from our TV studio. The audio was taken directly from computer. I can put it back on the net.

5. Andrew

March 11, 2019 at 1:11 am

I can only speculate that they removed the episodes because they wanted to remake the entire concept into a movie instead. Still weird though that they’d want to remove something that took tons and tons of what I’d presume to be hard work and time they invested into. I mean the episodes are literally just gone and erased, they’re not even purchasable. That’s a really bizarre decision they made.

I think it’s fair to say that this movie is not happening considering the last official update was June 2015. And honestly, that’s fine with me, I understand sometimes stuff comes up. But my only frustration is at least have the courage and decency to inform us about the cancellation, don’t just leave us hanging in the dark waiting on you.

6. lagusz

March 14, 2019 at 4:03 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever waited for anything for so long.